CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 31, 2013

12 week update!

So, it looks like maybe I won't get to updating this thing as often as I had hoped/wanted to, but once a month isn't too bad...right?

We just got back from our Nuchal Transulency test. Some of you are probably asking "what in the world is that?" I asked the same thing when I first heard about it. I found it tests for defects early on (down syndrome and things like that). Not that this would change our mind either way, but just to have the knowledge of what we might expect is nice. Well, we are very happy to say that so far everything looked great! We got about a 15 minute sonogram, and the whole time the doctor was trying to find out what the gender might possibly be.
And so she looked and looked and finally told us that our baby..............................................................
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
?
likes to moon us :/
The whole time our baby had it's back to us! A little disappointing, but still something to look forward to for next time.

It was such an amazing sight to see how our little alien baby from 7 weeks has now turned into something actually resembling a baby We saw the beating heart (HR was 171 bpm), the spine, the brain, and even a little hand was waving to us :) the doctor said it will probably be a piano player looking at the long fingers. How anybody could look at that picture and not say that is a human life is way beyond me!

I am so excited to enter the 2nd trimester and start feeling back to normal, but I'm even more excited to see our baby grow :) It feels more real every day and makes me look forward to summer even more!!

Here's our baby saying "goodbye" for now! (see the hand?)






0 comments:

Post a Comment